Think about it - twenty years ago things like veganism, recycling and reusable coffee cups were considered pretty kooky. But over time, as we, the public, have become more environmentally aware, they've gone mainstream.
Hubbub is a group of self-professed 'doers' all about empowering the mainstream to change their habits for the sake of the environment. Through creative design and clever campaigns rolled out in collaboration with big businesses and local authorities, they're making a seismic shift in the way we live our lives. Standout projects include their cigarette butt ballot bins used to cut littering and their Pumpkin Rescue campaign encouraging us to think about food waste.
Why we think they're great
We love Hubbub for their creativity. Whether they're trying to tackle plastic pollution in our oceans, food waste or fast fashion, their campaigns are fun and attention-grabbing. It's their playfulness that gets the mainstream on board, and it's the mainstream that will have the biggest impact on saving our planet.
Other selected charities:
- Reimagining CarbonCurated by Giving is Great2 charities
If we want to sustain life on this planet we need to cut our carbon emissions, while also dealing with the excess of carbon in our atmosphere already wreaking havoc on our climate. Science is leading the way in this field and there are some exciting innovations.
- Marine ConservationCurated by Giving is Great2 charities
The ocean is a total powerhouse when it comes to regulating the Earth’s climate, yet human actions have wreaked havoc on marine ecosystems. In order to rebalance our planet, we must protect our oceans and revolutionise the way we fish, the world over.
- Forest ConservationCurated by Giving is Great2 charities
Forests are astonishing places. Not only are they important habitats for millions of species, but they also play a crucial role in mitigating the effects of climate change. We must invest in worldwide conservation projects dedicated to preserving them.
- Climate-Resilient CommunitiesCurated by Giving is Great2 charities
Poverty and climate change are cruelly interlinked and this is especially true when you look at access to clean energy and water. Projects that champion clean energy solutions and which work to create climate-resilient communities are an integral part of the fight to save our planet.
- Food & AgricultureCurated by Giving is Great2 charities
Food, agriculture and the climate crisis are inextricably linked. Fortunately there are sustainable food organisations and forward thinking farmers out there fighting for positive change. These are the people we need to get behind.
- Education & AdvocacyCurated by Giving is Great2 charities
Don’t underestimate the power of a well informed public - this puts pressure on governments and businesses, and that drives change. These organisations are enabling systemic change among the mainstream by educating and challenging the status quo.
Set up once,
You make one monthly donation and we'll distribute it between the causes in your personal collection.Create your collection
- We'll start you off with £10 free credit towards your chosen causes so you have a chance to see how Tythe works.
No platform fees
- We don't charge any admin fee or commission on donations. Your charities receive the full amount minus third party card fees.
Tangible impact updates
- We'll keep you engaged with the actions you're supporting, and help you understand the actual difference you're making.