Blue Marine Foundation (BLUE) is dedicated to restoring the ocean to health, using a combination of top-down interventions to improve governance of our seas and bottom-up project delivery to help local communities at the front line of ocean conservation.
Areas of intervention
- Marine protected areas (MPAs) - Securing MPAs will ensure the protection of 30% of the ocean by 2030. BLUE is also restoring those habitats to help revive vulnerable species and sequester carbon.
- Sustainable fishing - BLUE's development of sustainable models, alongside their highlighting of poor practices, is proving that low-impact fishing benefits marine life as well as local fishers and communities.
- Secured commitments to protect over 4 million km2 of ocean. This includes 100% of the waters around Ascension Island - the largest fully protected marine reserve in the Atlantic.
- In 2019 electric pulse fishing was banned in EU waters after BLUE's campaigning
- BLUE has released millions of oyster larvae into UK waters which is improving water quality and attracting declining species such as sea bass back into the ecosystem.
Other selected charities:
Set up once, cancel anytime.
Support 9 high impact environmental charities with a single subscription. Your payments will be split evenly between each of the organisations.
How it works
No commitment, cancel anytime
100% goes to the charities
Donations matched for 3 months
Tangible impact updates