Clean Air Task Force have taken on the challenge of trying to change a $25 trillion global energy system in a very short space of time. Thankfully their crack team of scientists, engineers, lawyers and policy experts are well positioned to do so.
In order to revolutionise the energy industry, CATF have their fingers in several pies. Their work supports innovative scientific research into carbon capture technology, advanced nuclear energy and bio energy while simultaneously advocating for global pollution control. By working together with governments and businesses alike, they’re able to provide direction and counsel on best environmental practice while also promoting new policy initiatives and financial incentives for the uptake of new technologies.
Why we think they’re great
There is a real sense of urgency behind everything these folk do. They reiterate the point that we don’t have time to experiment with ideas and with that in mind, they’re funneling substantial investment into proven technological innovation now. These people are all about putting things into action fast and for that we take our hats off.
Other selected charities:
- Reimagining CarbonCurated by Giving is Great2 charities
If we want to sustain life on this planet we need to cut our carbon emissions, while also dealing with the excess of carbon in our atmosphere already wreaking havoc on our climate. Science is leading the way in this field and there are some exciting innovations.
- Marine ConservationCurated by Giving is Great2 charities
The ocean is a total powerhouse when it comes to regulating the Earth’s climate, yet human actions have wreaked havoc on marine ecosystems. In order to rebalance our planet, we must protect our oceans and revolutionise the way we fish, the world over.
- Forest ConservationCurated by Giving is Great2 charities
Forests are astonishing places. Not only are they important habitats for millions of species, but they also play a crucial role in mitigating the effects of climate change. We must invest in worldwide conservation projects dedicated to preserving them.
- Climate-Resilient CommunitiesCurated by Giving is Great2 charities
Poverty and climate change are cruelly interlinked and this is especially true when you look at access to clean energy and water. Projects that champion clean energy solutions and which work to create climate-resilient communities are an integral part of the fight to save our planet.
- Food & AgricultureCurated by Giving is Great2 charities
Food, agriculture and the climate crisis are inextricably linked. Fortunately there are sustainable food organisations and forward thinking farmers out there fighting for positive change. These are the people we need to get behind.
- Education & AdvocacyCurated by Giving is Great2 charities
Don’t underestimate the power of a well informed public - this puts pressure on governments and businesses, and that drives change. These organisations are enabling systemic change among the mainstream by educating and challenging the status quo.
Set up once,
You make one monthly donation and we'll distribute it between the causes in your personal collection.Create your collection
- We'll start you off with £10 free credit towards your chosen causes so you have a chance to see how Tythe works.
No platform fees
- We don't charge any admin fee or commission on donations. Your charities receive the full amount minus third party card fees.
Tangible impact updates
- We'll keep you engaged with the actions you're supporting, and help you understand the actual difference you're making.